An extension of AYSO Region 605's PRIMARY (Rec league) program, the AYSO Club Soccer program was developed to create more competitive soccer experiences without losing sight of what makes AYSO unique.
The AYSO Club program is designed for players who have the interest, skills and abilities and want to enhance their experience and individual growth through soccer while retaining the spirit of and organization membership in AYSO.
AYSO Club is a Concurrent Program
Players are rostered on a PRIMARY (Rec league) team and a Club (Tournament) team at the same time and participate fully with both teams. Outside of the standard primary (Fall/Spring) seasons, AYSO Club teams compete against other clubs and AYSO regions in local and regional tournaments (November-June).
The AYSO Club program is governed by the Six Philosophies that set AYSO apart from other youth soccer organizations:
- Everyone Plays - Our goal is for kids to play soccer - so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least a half of every game; we don't have "starters" and "benchers."
- Balanced Teams - We strive to ensure the teams we field are competitive with other club teams. We won't field a team that doesn't not have a chance of being successful.
- Open Registration - Players are selected for the teams based on objective analysis of their ability by AYSO Advanced Coaches and UK Trainers. Players not selected for AYSO Club teams continue participation in our standard primary program.
- Positive Coaching - Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment and learning by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players. Teams are coached by AYSO Advanced Coaches who adhere to our coaching philosophy.
- Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and every AYSO program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in all participants.
- Player Development - We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.
AYSO Club Soccer Tournament Team Information
Players are rostered on a PRIMARY (Rec league) team and a Club (Tournament) team at the same time and participate fully with both teams.
- Teams compete at the (U10) Academy, (U11-U19) Select levels against other clubs and AYSO regions in local and regional tournaments.
- Open Tryouts are in September/October for players in U10 division and above (U8, U6 not eligible)
- ONE YEAR Parent and Player commitment required (both fall and spring seasons)
- Players are REQUIRED to participate in the PRIMARY (Rec) program during the Fall season.
- Out of town travel may be required on weekends (Nov-June).
- Training is usually scheduled on Sundays, with additional training periods (optional) during the week.
AYSO Club Tournament Teams offer the most competitive level of play in the AYSO 605 program. For more information, look at the FAQ page or contact our Club Soccer Administrator by clicking the link below.
Interested? Please contact our Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the future, use our new URL www.ayso.club to be routed directly to this page.