Region 605 offers program for advanced player development
The AYSO Club Soccer program is an extension of AYSO Region 605's PRIMARY program (Recreational/Saturday Developmental league) and was developed to create more competitive soccer experiences without losing sight of what makes AYSO unique.
First, the AYSO Club program is governed by the Six Philosophies that set AYSO apart from other youth soccer organizations:
- Everyone Plays - Our goal is for kids to play soccer - so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least a half of every game; we don't have "starters" and "benchers."
- Balanced Teams - We strive to ensure the teams we field are competitive with other club teams. We won't field a team that doesn't not have a chance of being successful.
- Open Registration - Players are selected for the teams based on objective analysis of their ability by AYSO Advanced Coaches and UK Trainers. Players not selected for AYSO Club teams continue participation in our standard primary program.
- Positive Coaching - Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment and learning by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players. Teams are coached by AYSO Advanced Coaches who adhere to our coaching philosophy.
- Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and every AYSO program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in all participants.
- Player Development - We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.
Second, the AYSO Club program
is run and operated locally, by the same neighbors who run and operate all of AYSO’s programs, and is supported by an extraordinary national organization.
Third, the AYSO Club program
coaches are trained under AYSO’s coaching program, the only youth soccer coaching program accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education
Fourth, the AYSO Club program
is more challenging quality soccer at a less challenging cost
than similar programs.
Finally, the AYSO Club program
is designed to be FUN. A higher level of competition should never prevent players from enjoying themselves – the AYSO Way.
AYSO Club Soccer is a Concurrent Program
Players are rostered on an AYSO Club team and a PRIMARY program team at the same time and participate fully with both teams. Players are eligible for regional tournaments, National Games, and other secondary programs. Outside of the standard primary (Fall/Spring) seasons, AYSO Club teams compete against other clubs and AYSO regions in local and regional tournaments.
- Teams compete at the (U10) Academy, (U11-U19) Select, or (U11-U19) Classic levels.
- Open Tryouts are in September/October for players in U10 division and above (U8, U6 not eligible)
- ONE YEAR Parent and Player commitment required (both fall and spring seasons)
- Players are REQUIRED to participate in the PRIMARY program (Recreational/Saturday Developmental league) during the Fall season.
- Out of town travel may be required on weekends.
- Training is usually scheduled on Sundays, with additional training periods (optional) during the week.
So, when deciding between the AYSO Club program and other programs, ask yourself the following questions:
- - Are players guaranteed to play at least one-half of every game?
- - Do the coaches utilize positive coaching techniques and emphasize good sportsmanship?
- - Are the coaches trained under an accredited curriculum?
- - Is the focus on keeping the fun in the game while competing hard?
- - Are the people running the program dedicated local volunteers?
- - Am I getting good value for my registration dollar?
If you want to increase your level of play and you are a dedicated player, tryout for an AYSO Club Team. AYSO Club Teams offer the most competitive level of play in the AYSO program. For more information, look at the FAQ page or contact our Club Soccer Administrator by clicking the link below.
Interested? Please contact our Administrator at: email@example.com
In the future, use our new URL www.ayso.club to be routed directly to this page.